Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Motor Trend Forums are Not The Place For Discussion

U are already getting mad, I can tell.

I know I haven't made a habit of talking about the forum directly, but today I am pissed off.  Currently there is a movement to undermine trolling mainly because of an imaginary issue with eggs.  Not one person has actually been able to supply a thread that I derailed with eggs but it seems to be an issue because it detracts from mature conversation and my "followers" think that "eggs" is the signal to derail a thread.  Well, first I don't have "followers", I am not the leader of some stupid cult or "wolfpack".  I simply try to generate conversation by voicing unpopular opinions just like when someone, who complains about trolling, waltzes in trumpets blaring to any thread about transmissions to tell you that, DAMMIT AUTOS ARE BETTER BITCH!  Yeah, I'm the one that trolls.  I've also been banned multiple times for my offensive comments...  OH WAIT!  Then I get bitched at because "mods and admins are getting tired of constant trolling".  Well then maybe you should tell the mods and their sock puppets to stop trolling.  I know XFists belongs to a mod and I know Enberliner belongs to a mod so waaaaaaah.  Almost the whole damn moderator squad trolls!  Eggs eggs eggs ehhgz egghhhhhhhhz!  Let the tears flow bitches!

But the truth is, Motor Trend Forums are not there for civil discussion.  Motor Trend Forums are there for battle!  Trolls battle trolls.  Fanboys battle fanboys.  Assholes battle assholes.  It's a game where everyone is manuvering for the best troll against their enemies.  Telling us to stop trolling is essentially telling the board to stop posting.  Every thread is a troll thread.  Every thread is an open challenge to the other side.  Everyone on the board is established and we know each other's views so when we see the other side post the battle screen comes up and "Round 1, fight!".  The trolls mess with each others heads to see which can make moar mad and then eggs eggs eggs.  Nonsense posting is part of the battle, it is there for a reason.  Thread gets posted and civil conversation ensues?  Dead after 10 replies.  Trololol thread about ATS?  FUCKING 1000 POSTS BITCH!  MOAR MAD!

The point is that trolling is not making the forum hard to have conversation on.  The arguments and endless whining are.  So many tears.  I don't derail your threads, you derail your threads.  If your threads don't get derailed then they die.  Same thing happens on CF.  The only threads getting any posts are the ones that are full of "FUCK YOU" "NO FUCK YOU!".  So have your tears and rage, I love them and obviously you enjoy them as well since you have them so often.  Eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs umad?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for even a SINGLE INSTANCE where I derailed an on-topic thread with eggs.

Problemjellyumadeggs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not that i'm on a movement to undermine trolling, but it was kind of disrespectful how boob memes got a totally on-topic thread closed. I can't blame you though Red, you didn't start it. I really wanted that thread to make a positive difference. -Dequindre

RedChocobo said...

I'm hardly complaining about you Deq. It's these high-horse psuedo-Nazi mods that think that because someone says eggs sometimes it means that they've destroyed the forum.

Mainly I'm tired of people thinking they can just fire their cannons at me without getting some return fire.

Anonymous said...

Quit your whining! You are just as bad as the people who whine about the constant trolling. Only you are doing it here on your blog rather than taking up space over there. Congratulations. You are marginally better than the other whiners.

This is why I hardly ever post over there. Everyone is a baby. I am already a full-time mom who has to deal with two whining girls all the time. Reading about it in my free time is not my favorite thing to do either.

Sok-Eye

RedChocobo said...

You seem to be having excessive rage, is it that time of the month? Sexist comment, u mad?

I'm sick and tired of people thinking that their own inability to produce relevant discussion is my fault somehow. People like fights and drama. They also like to blame others for their own failures. Problem?

Anonymous said...

Sok-Eye is female? :o

-Dequindre

Post a Comment