Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Insurance Companies Suck A Bit Less...Part II

So, after I pleaded my case on eSurance's FB site, my old PIP adjuster was reassigned to my case. I gave her all of the information that I had, and explained to her that my biggest issue was that they did not explain to me how it all works. Actually, based on what I have learned, I've actually written an article about it. Feel free to read it and arm yourself with even moar knowledge!

Anyways, for some reason I didn't get back to her, so I responded back to the FB page with another inquiry. This time, it was escalated to her manager. After conversing with her, and giving her the whole story, she asked if she could take a day to assess the situation, and get back to me on it. I told her that was fine, as waiting for another day to potentially have this taken care of would be worth it.

The next day she called me back...since it was determined that they had not explained to me how their GAP coverage policy works at the time I purchased it, she went ahead and did the right thing...and honoured my GAP coverage claim! I was pretty excited and relieved to say the least. They were going to pay $1,353 and some change to my finance company, leaving me with a balance of just under $600, an amount that I can easily cover. I probably could have pressed and had them pay the whole thing off, but this was better than their initial offer, which was jacksquat.

My advice to you...find out what exactly everything on your insurance policy covers and doesn't cover. It will save you a lot of headache down the road...

Jessie Louthan is the Editor-in-Chief for Toyota Deathwatch Updates, a website dedicated to exposing the truth about modern Toyotas. He is a nine year automotive industry veteran, having worked for companies such as Ford, Mercedes Benz, and BMW.


No comments:

Post a Comment